What happened in the Xamarin Community last week?
- Advanced Xamarin Forms Techniques for flexible and performant cross platform apps – Part 3
3rd part in a series on applying advanced techniques to Xamarin Forms to facilitate performant and flexible cross platform development.
- Building the Swiper control – Part 2 (Android)
Johan Karlson’s second part of implementing the swiper control. This time looking at the Android component.
- CallDataMethod trigger in Xamarin Forms
Andrei implements a CallDataMethod trigger in Xamarin.Forms
- Dynamic Xamarin Forms From XAML and JSON
Daniel Cazzulino shows how to dynamically create a Xamarin.Forms page from JSON
- IconView control for Xamarin Forms
Andrei shares a Xamarin.Forms control that takes a local image and applies a color on it.
- Introduction to iOS9 Multitasking and Xamarin.Forms first-thoughts
Michael Ridland looks at the new iOS9 Multitasking released at WWDC
- What’s New in Prism for Xamarin.Forms 5.7.0-Pre1 Release – Brian Lagunas’ XAML Blog
Brian Lagunas looks at the newest improvements and features added to Prism for Xamarin.Forms
- Xamarin.Forms Button Nugget
The amazing Adam Wolf digs into the Xamarin.Forms buttons less known features
- Xamarin.Forms Nuggets – A Sweet and Sour Blog Series – Syntax is my UI
Adam Wolf introduces his series of Xamarin.Forms Nuggets
- Better Apps & Faster Release Cycles Part I
Karl Krukow’s four part series on simple steps to improve your apps and make your release cycles faster
- Creating Awesome Windows Apps: What’s the point of (where is the value in) Project Astoria and Project Islandwood?
Matt Lacey answers the questions “What’s this Project Astoria and Islandwood all about then? When should you be using them?”
- Functional Animation In UX Design
Animation in UX design done right enhances usability. Amit Daliot at Smashing Magazine highlights some best practices
- Keep Users from Leaving Your App with Chrome Custom Tabs
Jon Dick looks at using the using the newly announced Chrome Custom Tabs in your Xamarin apps
- Making the Case for using F# with Tomas Petricek
Need to be convinced to investigate F#… look no further with this video from Channel 9
- Oren Novotny » Demystifying PCL’s, .NET Core, DNX and UWP
Oren Novotny investigates the new PCL target frameworkds
- Put Some Cyanogen in Your Xamarin Apps
John Dick discusses the new Cyanogen mod api
- Xamarin – Implementing and Using Data Binding in Xamarin
Laurent Bugnion talks data binding in Xamarin
Components and Tools
- Couchbase Lite & Xamarin slides
Mike Bluesteins slides introduce Couchbase Lite
- Getting started with Couchbase Lite!
Tom introduces Couchbase Lite
- Paket Support in Xamarin Studio – Matt Ward
Xamarin Studio and MonoDevelop now have support for Paket with an alpha release of the Paket Addin.
- Introducing WatchKit and watchOS 2
Michael Ridland looks at three new frameworks, WatchKit, ClockKit and Watch Connectivity
- iOS 9 Search API – A killer way to engage with users
Michael Ridland investigates the new iOS9 search API
- WWDC 2015 Recap for iOS Developers
Michael James covers off the important announcements from WWDC 2015
- WWDC n+1 – The Keynote + Platforms State of the Union
Michael Ridland reports on the WWDC keynote and State of the Union
More Xamarin Link Blogs
Here are links to the other great Xamarin link blogs out there that are updated regularly
A free, once-weekly e-mail newsletter roundup of all things Xamarin. Posted Fridays
The latest tips, tutorials, news, and resources for Xamarin app developers. Posted Daily
Your cross-platform C# mobile magazine. Posted Daily
This is an automatic aggregator which pulls articles from bloggers in the Xamarin developer community.