What happened in the Xamarin Community last week?
- Behaviors for Xamarin Forms v2.0
Version 2.0 of my behavior implementation for Xamarin Forms
- Navigation Service for Cross Platform Page/View Navigation from View Model
Nick looks at a Navigation Service for Cross Platform Page/View Navigation from View Model
- Animate the Height of RowDefinition
Johan looks at animating a grid row.
- Dipping your feet into Xamarin Animation Extensions
Johan looks at Xamarin.Forms Animation Extensions
- Working With DependencyService in Xamarin
This article demonstrates the platform-specific tweaks when using the DependencyService of Xamarin.
- Common UI Patterns in Xamarin.Forms Part 1 – Springboards — Kym Phillpotts
Yours truly introduces the first of the UI Navigation Patterns – Springboards
- Xamarin.Forms Platform Customizing with Device.OnPlatform
- Building Cross-Platform Apps with Xamarin Forms – Channel 9
- Custom Map Tiles in Xamarin.Forms | Alex Blount
- What is New in Xamarin Forms 1.3: Inherited APP Class
Quick look at the Xamarin.Forms App Class
- Code Sharing Strategies for iOS & Mac | Xamarin Blog
Michael James shares code between iOS and Mac
- Apple Watch Kit round-up
Craig Dunn gives a roundup of Apple Watch resources
Components & Tools
- FrazzApps’ Facebook Authenticator Plugin for Xamarin.Forms 1.0.1-alpha
Facebook Authenticator plugin for Xamarin.Forms – Alpha
- Write Automated UI Tests for iOS and Android Apps — Visual Studio Magazine
- The Importance of Design Language in Modern App Development
Anthony Handley shares the importance of adhering to design languages for the platforms
- Lego Mobile Device Lab Stand
Adam shares an awesome way of holding all those devices!
- Xamarin Contest: Give Us The Gist Of It!
Lots of awesome gists going hit this competition
- Episode 23: Continuous Delivery for iOS Apps with Felix Krause – Gone Mobile
Another episode of Gone Mobile!
- Xamarin.Forms 1.3.4 Released – Xamarin Forums
Woop woop! Another release of Xamarin.Forms!
- How I Use Git On Windows – Setup and Tooling | Gruff Code
Git love it or hate it… You gotta learn it.
- <a target=”_blank”href=”http://codemilltech.com/cross-platform-code-sharing-part-3-pcls/”>Cross Platform Code Sharing – PCLs</a>
Part 3 of the ongoing series of sharing code across platforms using Xamarin
- Why Xamarin is actually native coding | Toni codes .NET
Toni makes a good point about the similarity of Xamarin and Native platform
More Xamarin Link Blogs
Here are links to the other great Xamarin link blogs out there that are updated regularly
A free, once-weekly e-mail newsletter roundup of all things Xamarin. Posted Fridays
The latest tips, tutorials, news, and resources for Xamarin app developers. Posted Daily
Your cross-platform C# mobile magazine. Posted Daily
This is an automatic aggregator which pulls articles from bloggers in the Xamarin developer community.