Happy New Year! here are links from the community to start your New Year.
- Specify the default value for a dependency property – Geoffrey Huntley shows how to specify a default value if the consumer does not bind to the property
- Creating a Left ToolbarItem in Xamarin.Forms – Amy Burns jumps into Xamarin.Forms and investigates writing a custom renderer for iOS to add left toolbar items
- Using Ninject for Prism for Xamarin.Forms | Alteridem [al′tər ī′dem′] – Rob Prouse walks through using Ninject with Prism for Xaamrin.Forms
- Xamarin Forms : Behaviors – Mostefaoui Anas introduces behaviors in Xamarin Forms
- Using C# for Cross-Platform Development With Xamarin – DZone sits down with Jim Bennett to discuss the Xamarin platform and it’s benefits for cross platform native development
- Why should enterprises use xamarin for app development – Slideshare presentation overview of benefits of Xamarin in an enterprise environment
- Getting Started with Game Development in C# – Another great Xamarin podcast. This time about Game Development
- Mobile Testing Approaches – Noel Rice starts a series on Mobile testing approaches.
- The Top 12 Xamarin Blog Posts of 2015 – “12 Days of Xamarin” is the top 12 Xamarin posts from 2015. I remember it like it was only last year.
- The MVVM pattern – Introduction – Matteo Pagani provides a nice introduction to the MvvM pattern, concepts and implementation.
Components and Tools
- Material Theme for Sublime Text – Mattia Astorino has a Material Theme for Sublime Text 3
- Fluent Assertions for Xamarin 4.1.1 – Update to FluentAssertions which is an extensive set of extension methods that allow you to more naturally specify the expected outcome of a TDD or BDD-style unit test. Now with Xamarin Support
- Extending Refit (to decompress files) – Geoffrey Huntley shares a tip on how to extend Refit to decompress files (or do whatever you want)
- ASP.NET 5 and DNX support in Xamarin Studio – Matt Ward shares the good news: Xamarin Studio and MonoDevelop now have support for ASP.NET 5 and DNX with an alpha release of the DNX addin.
- Share Plugin for Xamarin and Windows – Jakob Gürtl has an updated share plugin
- Xamarin Studio Launcher for Xamarin Studio 5 – Marco Kuiper pushes out a new release of Xamarin Studio Launcher with flashy new icon
- Continuous Deployment for Xamarin Android & iOS with Build vNext & HockeyApp – Alberto Aguzzi walks through setting up a continuous deployment environment using VSTS and HockeyApp.
- Optimizing Your Design For Rapid Prototype Testing – Michelle Chu talk about the crucial role of prototyping your application.
- What It Takes to Succeed As a Product Designer (Part 1) – Tomas Laurinavicius talks key skills you need to be a product designer
- Zopfli Optimization: Literally Free Bandwidth – Compress your images for smaller package sizes
- Free Parallax Backgrounds – GameDev.net – Because you can never have enough graphic resources
- Design Principles To Evaluate Your Product – David Schools via SmashingMagazine teaches us about some core design principles and how you can apply these principles in practical terms
- Making your iOS app sleeping beautifully – Gerald Versluis on backgrounding iOS apps.
- Binding Objective C into Xamarin | cocoa juice – Saurav shares some information on how to bind a native library into xamarin
- Fun with Swift – Joe Armstrong plays around with Swift
- iOS User Interfaces with MvvmCross | Kerry’s Blog – Kerry talks crafting native iOS user interfaces with MvvmCross
- A “Sticky” Intent Service, for long running tasks, with Xamarin Android – A class combing the ease of use of the Intent Service, with the long running features of the Sticky services
- Xamarin.android memory management gotchas – Matthew Robbins slide deck from his Sydney Mobile .NET User Group presentation.
More Xamarin Link Blogs
Here are links to the other great Xamarin link blogs out there that are updated regularly
A free, once-weekly e-mail newsletter roundup of all things Xamarin. Posted Fridays
The latest tips, tutorials, news, and resources for Xamarin app developers. Posted Daily
Your cross-platform C# mobile magazine. Posted Daily
This is an automatic aggregator which pulls articles from bloggers in the Xamarin developer community.